1. About our cookies policy
Our cookies policy explains how cookies and other tracking devices are used on our website at www.thewoolroom.com.
2. About cookies and how we use them
Cookies are tiny data files stored on your computer or other device when you visit certain web pages. These files gather information which we use to improve the services we provide to you.
In general terms, cookies can be categorised into:-
- Strictly necessary cookies: cookies required for the proper operation of the website.
- Analytical/performance cookies: these are cookies which allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around a website.
- Functionality cookies: these allow a returning user and his/her preferences to be recognised. This means that the website can then present personalised content.
- Targeting cookies: these types of cookies record visits to a website, the pages visited and the links followed. They are used to tailor content.
We do have relationships with carefully-selected suppliers who may also set cookies during your visit. Specifically, we use the types of cookies listed below:
- Google Analytics with Display Advertising and Remarketing. [Cookie names: _utma _utmb _utmc _utmz]. Google Analytics cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site and to support remarketing and display advertising. We, and third-parties such as Google, use first-party cookies and third party cookies to display ads to you on sites across the internet and to serve ads based on your past visits to woolroom website, and can report on how ad impressions, other uses of ad services and interactions are related to visits to our site.
You can opt out of the use of Google Analytics’ cookies to display ads to you through visiting the Google Ad Settings
Should you wish to opt out of the use of Google Analytics cookies completely, Google’s opt out plug in will facilitate this in most browsers.
- Google Maps. [Cookie name: NNID PREF]
- Recently viewed products – this cookie allows our website to recognise what products have been recently viewed by you, so these can be highlighted to you, and used to create suggestions for you as you continue to use the site.
3. Session Cookies and Permanent Cookies
Some of the cookies which are used on the website are session cookies. This means that the cookie will expire when your session finishes. Others are permanent cookies which will be stored on your device and will be used to recognise you as a used, the next time you visit.
4. More information
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. Be aware however, that if you use browser settings to block cookies, you may not be able to access all or some parts of the site and our site may not work as intended and as you expect.
You can learn more about cookies and how to manage them from the article, Internet Browser cookies- what they are and how to manage them.
Learn how to remove cookies set on your device.
We're giving you this information as part of our initiative to comply with recent legislation, and to make sure we're honest and clear about your privacy when using our website.