Organic Washable Wool Cot Bed Mattress Protector
product code: 0301ORGANICWASHCBEDPROT
After years of development and hard work we are proud to have achieved a world's first. The Organic Washable Collection boasts all of the benefits of organic bedding (for you and the environment) with the ease and convenience of machine washablility.
Organic Washable Wool Cot Bed Mattress Protector: Product Benefits
- Filled with 250gsm of carded GOTS Certified Organic Traceable British wool enveloped in 100% unbleached 300 thread count Organic cotton.
- Perfect for: Reducing the heat during your little ones sleep as well as protecting their mattress.
- This Organic mattress protector is highly effective at regulating temperature that will deliver a higher quality night's sleep.
- Superior Moisture Management - 67% better than down/feather and 48% better than polyester.
- Perfect for use on a memory foam, latex or any other mattress that gets very hot with use. This Organic cot bed mattress protector will take away up to 70% of the heat given off leaving you to sleep comfortably without overheating.
- Machine washable for easy care.
- 30 Night Sleep Trial on this product - If you don't find you're baby is sleeping better as a result, you can return for a refund within 30 days.
- Naturally hypoallergenic - certified by Allergy UK as the only natural duvet to hold the Allergy UK Seal of Approval.
- Contains the finest quality Organic wool fibres that are traceable back to the farm, using our Wool ID® traceability programme.
- Naturally flame retardant without the need for any chemicals.
Organic Washable Wool Cot bed Mattress Protector: Technical Specification
- Filling weight: 250gsm
- Size: 70cm x 140cm
- Filling: 100% Organic British wool
- Outer Fabric: 100% unbleached 300 thread count organic cotton
- Attachment: 15cm elasticated skirt crafted from unbleached 300 thread count organic cotton
- Designed and developed in the UK. Assembled in the EU.
- Care Instruction: We recommend machine washing on a wool/delicate cycle at 40 degrees using wool detergent, a spin speed lower than 800RPM and then line drying.
Wool ID® - Traceable Wool by WoolroomAt Woolroom, we're proud to offer fully traceable wool in our bedding. We work hard sourcing the highest quality wool, carrying out the most stringent checks and ensuring the welfare of the sheep, and the fair pay of farmers, so you can rest easy at night knowing that your bedding is not only good for you, but good for the planet and the people who made it. Our Organic wool is separated from the other grades of wool throughout the sourcing, scouring and manufacturing processes.
< Find out more about Wool ID® here >
30 Night Sleep GuaranteeNew bedding can take some getting used to and wool can feel different from other fibre types, If you don't find your little one is sleeping better as a result, you can return for a refund within 30 days. No questions or quibbles
What does 'Organic' really mean?Organic wool is a holistic system of farming that produces high quality materials using methods that benefit people, planet and animals too. There are a strict set of requirements that need to be met before the term "organic" can be used. Certification bodies will ensure that all steps to organic farming are met before providing an accreditation.
What are the requirements for wool to be classed as organic?Organic wool comes from sheep that are reared, fed, sheltered and transported under strict organic standards, which prioritise their welfare and wellbeing. Cruel practices are prohibited and animal stress is minimised. Organic farmers take a preventative approach to disease, so animals are not routinely treated with antibiotics, wormers or pesticides. If any farmer were to break these stipulations then their organic license would be removed and the wool could not be sold as organic.
To be classed as organic they must adhere to the following:
- Reared on organic feed and grazed on organic pastures for two years
- Free to pursue their natural behaviour with plenty of space outside and a truly free range life.
- Treatment of the sheep is strictly prohibited unless absolutely necessary.
- Minimal processing of the fibre.
< Find out more about our Organic Washable Collection here >