Deluxe Washable Wool Pillow - EU Size
product code: 0103DELWASHPILLOWEU
- Temperature regulating
- Naturally hypoallergenic (and approved by Allergy UK)
- Dust mite free
- Contains no synthetic lining/ materials or fibres
- Machine Washable
- Wool ID® Traceable wool
Fully Farm Traceable and Machine WashableFollowing the launch of our Organic Washable Range, we are delighted to be able to introduce traceability into our best-selling Washable Range of wool bedding. Full traceability combined with genuine machine washability make this bedding range quite unique. Our wool in our Washable range has always been sustainable, renewable, biodegradable and machine washable. Now, it is also fully traceable!
Wool is already a fundamental part of the Woolroom DNA when it comes to bedding, mattresses and accessories, so our focus has always been on buying the right kind of wool, as your comfort is at the forefront of our mind. We have always been proud of our ability to offer high quality, clean and responsibly sourced wool. With the introduction of our traceable wool, we can now offer definitive proof of the sustainable, ethical nature of our wool - right back to the very farm.
We can guarantee that the wool we buy has been grown responsibly, the sheep have been looked after and the land well managed, but most importantly that British farming communities are being supported. Our traceability program, Wool ID®, assures that every part of our supply chain from the farm onwards is robustly audited, from the collection, washing and combing of the wool, to going into a carefully hand-crafted Woolroom Traceable product that is identifiable by a high fiber quality, strong animal welfare policies and full farm provenance.
< Find out more about Wool ID® here >
Leaders in Machine Washable Wool BeddingIt is impossible to make a wool product machine washable without using some form of treatment on the fibre. It is complex and requires a lot of skill and knowledge. In fact, it has taken us over a decade to perfect a range that performs flawlessly, without losing any of the quality or performance that customers expect from Woolroom products.
Ordinarily, if you wash wool, the moisture, heat and movement in the machine will cause it to felt and shrink. You might get lucky and get away with a single delicate wash, but over time the natural fibres will start to damage and clump beyond repair. Our Washable range overcomes this as the British wool we use is bathed in a chlorine solution, which smooths out the natural barbs you find in wool (these are what cause untreated wool to shrink, clump and ultimately felt).
The solution is then thoroughly rinsed out of the fibre twice to ensure there is less residual chlorine than you'd find in tap water, and doesn't affect the performance of the fibre whatsoever. Some brands claim that their wool bedding is machine washable, but unless the wool is treated in this way, it simply cannot withstand the vigorous motion of a washing machine combined with warm water.
Is this process safe?
In March 2018, we tested our all three bedding ranges at the University of Bangor for chemical off-gassing and residual chemicals. We are very pleased to announce that no traces of chemicals or harmful toxins were found in any of the three bedding ranges. In addition, the above prcoess achieves Oekotex Class 100 standard for safety. Woolroom is once again leading the way in providing the safest and most natural sleep option whilst also delivering practicality.
The Woolroom DifferenceCompared to other types of common bedding fills like feather, down, and synthetics you'll notice a difference immediately. All of our Washable range of bedding is designed to keep you sleeping for longer at just the right temperature as wool is a true natural super fibre ideal for sleeping on and under! The unique combination of fillings allows this range to manage heat and moisture effectively to reduce humidity throughout the night, bringing you a natural healthy sleep. If that's not enough, all Woolroom products are free from chemicals and fire retardants providing a 100% natural, clean sleep.
Sustainabilty is a big part of the Woolroom ethos which is why we're completely committed to reducing the impact that plastic is having on our beautiful planet. All of our bedding items can be recycled and/or composted at the end of their life, and come lovingly packaged in an iconic part of the Woolroom brand; an all-natural and reusable calico bag.
- Constructed using traceable British wool & unbleached organic cotton for the ultimate natural sleep
- Fully traceable back to a unique farm right here in the UK by scanning the QR code on your Washable product - a first for bedding in the UK!
- Sustainable, Renewable, Biodegradable, Machine Washable and now Traceable
- Machine Washable to allow for easy cleaning
- Contains no synthetic materials or fibres - the most natural night's sleep available to date
- Naturally flame retardant without any unpleasant chemicals (as tested by Bangor University, Wales)
- Naturally hypoallergenic - approved by Allergy UK
- Naturally mould, mildew and dust mite resistant
- Size: 60cm x 60cm
- Firmness: Adjustable via a tabless safety zip on horizontal side of pillow
- Filling: 100% traceable & washable British wool balls (650g per pillow)
- Quilted Cover Outer Fabric: 100% unbleached 200 thread count organic cotton
- Construction: Traceable & washable wool enveloped in 200 thread count organic cotton cover filled with wool balls
- Care Instruction: When you do come around to cleaning it we recommend machine washing on a wool/delicate cycle at 30 degrees using wool detergent, a spin speed lower than 800RPM and then line drying. We do not advise tumble drying in any circumstances.
- Lovingly hand-crafted in the EU, using beautiful, traceable British wool