Organic Washable Wool Pillow - Standard
product code: 0103ORGANICWASHPILLOW
(Price applies in basket)
After years of development and hard work we are proud to have achieved a world's first. The Organic Washable Collection boasts all of the benefits of organic bedding (for you and the environment) with the ease and convenience of machine washablility.
- Constructed using 100% GOTS Certified Organic British Wool and encased in a GOTS Certified Organic 300TC cotton cover quilted with even more organic wool for extra comfort.
- Fully adjustable and customisable to suit your sleeping preference, whether you sleep on your front, side or back.
- Machine washable for easy care.
- Naturally hypoallergenic. Our Organic Washable pillows all hold the Allergy UK Seal of Approval.
- Extra GOTS Certified wool is available so you can refresh your pillows or add further filling.
- All Organic wool is traceable back to the farm through our Wool ID® programme.
- Risk free 30 Night Sleep Trial
- Size: 48cm x 74cm
- Firmness: Adjustable via a tabless safety zip on horizontal side of pillow
- Filling: 100% Organic, traceable, washable British wool balls (580g per pillow)
- Quilted Cover Outer Fabric: 100% unbleached 300 thread count organic cotton
- Designed and developed in the UK. Assembled in the EU.
Wool ID® - Traceable Wool by WoolroomAt Woolroom, we're proud to offer fully traceable wool in our bedding. We work hard sourcing the highest quality wool, carrying out the most stringent checks and ensuring the welfare of the sheep, and the fair pay of farmers, so you can rest easy at night knowing that your bedding is not only good for you, but good for the planet and the people who made it. Our Organic wool is separated from the other grades of wool throughout the sourcing, scouring and manufacturing processes.
< Find out more about Wool ID® here >
30 Night Sleep GuaranteeNew bedding can take some getting used to and wool can feel different from other fibre types, but if you stick with it we know you will love it as much as we do.
You have 30 nights to snuggle down and settle in, if you're not head over heels you can return it. No questions or quibbles.
Unzip and place wool balls into calico bag
Pop outer into washing machine on a wool/delicate cycle
Use a specialist wool wash to keep them looking their best
Hang to dry. Do not tumble dry
What does 'Organic' really mean?Organic wool is a holistic system of farming that produces high quality materials using methods that benefit people, planet and animals too. There are a strict set of requirements that need to be met before the term "organic" can be used. Certification bodies will ensure that all steps to organic farming are met before providing an accreditation.
What are the requirements for wool to be classed as organic?Organic wool comes from sheep that are reared, fed, sheltered and transported under strict organic standards, which prioritise their welfare and wellbeing. Cruel practices are prohibited and animal stress is minimised. Organic farmers take a preventative approach to disease, so animals are not routinely treated with antibiotics, wormers or pesticides. If any farmer were to break these stipulations then their organic license would be removed and the wool could not be sold as organic.
To be classed as organic they must adhere to the following:
- Reared on organic feed and grazed on organic pastures for two years
- Free to pursue their natural behaviour with plenty of space outside and a truly free range life.
- Treatment of the sheep is strictly prohibited unless absolutely necessary.
- Minimal processing of the fibre.
Find out more about our Organic Washable Collection here