Organic Washable Wool Cot Bed Duvet
product code: 0301ORGANICWASHCOTDUV
After years of development and hard work we are proud to have achieved a world's first. The Organic Washable Collection boasts all of the benefits of organic bedding (for you and the environment) with the ease and convenience of machine washablility.
Organic Washable Cot Bed Wool Duvet: Product Benefits
- Filled with 250gsm of carded GOTS Certified Organic Traceable British wool enveloped in 100% unbleached 300 thread count Organic cotton, creating a beautiful, natural and organic sleep environment for a baby.
- Equivalent to 3-6 tog rating, making it the perfect duvet for keeping your little one snug and comfortable throughout the night.
- Children struggle to regulate their own body temperature, this Organic Washable wool cot duvet is effective at regulating body temperature which will help deliver a higher quality night's sleep
- Superior Moisture Management - 67% better than down/feather and 48% better than polyester.
- Machine washable for easy care.
- 30 Night Sleep Trial on this product - If you don't find your little one is sleeping better as a result, you can return for a refund within 30 days.
- Naturally hypoallergenic - certified by Allergy UK as the only natural duvet to hold the Allergy UK Seal of Approval
- Contains the finest quality Organic wool fibres that are traceable back to the farm, using our Wool ID® traceability programme.
- Naturally flame retardant without the need for any chemicals.
Organic Washable Cot Bed Duvet: Technical Specification
- Sizes: Cot Bed Duvet 120 x 150cm
- Filling: 250gsm of 100% organic traceable & washable British wool
- Outer Fabric: 100% unbleached 300tc organic cotton
- Care Instructions: We recommend machine washing on a wool/delicate cycle at 40 degrees using wool detergent, a spin speed lower than 800RPM and then line drying. We do not advise tumble drying.
- Designed and developed in the UK, hand-crafted in the EU
Wool ID® - Traceable Wool by WoolroomAt Woolroom, we're proud to offer fully traceable wool in our bedding. We work hard sourcing the highest quality wool, carrying out the most stringent checks and ensuring the welfare of the sheep, and the fair pay of farmers, so you can rest easy at night knowing that your bedding is not only good for you, but good for the planet and the people who made it. Our Organic wool is separated from the other grades of wool throughout the sourcing, scouring and manufacturing processes.
< Find out more about Wool ID® here >
30 Night Sleep GuaranteeIf you don't find your little one is sleeping better as a result, you can return for a refund within 30 days.
What does 'Organic' really mean?Organic wool is a holistic system of farming that produces high quality materials using methods that benefit people, planet and animals too. There are a strict set of requirements that need to be met before the term "organic" can be used. Certification bodies will ensure that all steps to organic farming are met before providing an accreditation.
What are the requirements for wool to be classed as organic?Organic wool comes from sheep that are reared, fed, sheltered and transported under strict organic standards, which prioritise their welfare and wellbeing. Cruel practices are prohibited and animal stress is minimised. Organic farmers take a preventative approach to disease, so animals are not routinely treated with antibiotics, wormers or pesticides. If any farmer were to break these stipulations then their organic license would be removed and the wool could not be sold as organic.
To be classed as organic they must adhere to the following:
- Reared on organic feed and grazed on organic pastures for two years
- Free to pursue their natural behaviour with plenty of space outside and a truly free range life.
- Treatment of the sheep is strictly prohibited unless absolutely necessary.
- Minimal processing of the fibre.
< Find out more about our Organic Washable Collection here >