Deluxe Outer Pillow Cover
product code: US_0103DELUXECOVER
Deluxe Washable Outer Pillow Cover - Product Benefits
- Hand-quilted in Europe by the finest seamstresses in the world
- Temperature controlling delivering a higher quality night's sleep
- Constructed using traceable British wool & unbleached organic cotton for the ultimate natural sleep
- Fully tracable back to a unique farm in the UK by scanning the QR code
- Sustainable, Renewable, Biodegradable, Machine Washable and now Traceable
- Double scoured (washed) to remove any wooly smell
- Machine Washable to allow for easy cleaning
- Contains no flame retardants, synthetic materials or fibres
- Naturally flame retardant without any unpleasant chemicals
- Naturally hypoallergenic - great for allergy sufferers (certified by Allergy UK)
- Naturally mould, mildew and dust mite resistant
Deluxe Outer Pillow Cover - Technical Specifications
- Size: Standard (20 x 26 Inches), Queen (20 x 30 Inches), King (20 x 30 Inches)
- Ideal for: Great as a spare or replacement cover for your existing Chatsworth Washable Pillow
- Quilted Cover Outer Fabric: 100% unbleached 200 thread count organic cotton
- Construction: Traceable & washable wool enveloped in 200 thread count organic cotton cover
- Care Instruction: When you do come around to cleaning it we recommend machine washing on a wool/delicate cycle at 30 degrees using wool detergent, a spin speed lower than 800RPM and then line drying. We do not advise tumble drying in any circumstances.
- Lovingly hand-crafted in the EU, using beautiful, traceable British wool
Fully Farm Traceable and Machine WashableFollowing the launch of our Luxury Organic Range, we are delighted to be able to introduce traceability into our best-selling Deluxe Range of wool bedding. Full traceability combined with genuine machine washability make this bedding range quite unique. Our wool in our Deluxe range has always been sustainable, renewable, biodegradable and machine washable. Now, it is also fully traceable!
Wool is already a fundamental part of the Woolroom DNA when it comes to bedding, mattresses and accessories, so our focus has always been on buying the right kind of wool, as your comfort is at the forefront of our mind. We have always been proud of our ability to offer high quality, clean and responsibly sourced wool. With the introduction of our traceable wool, we can now offer definitive proof of the sustainable, ethical nature of our wool - right back to the very farm.
We can guarantee that the wool we buy has been grown responsibly, the sheep have been looked after and the land well managed, but most importantly that British farming communities are being supported. Our exclusive relationship with Wool ID+ is an industry first, and assures the next step of our evolution of our supply chain, with 100% British Wool that's traceable right back to the farm.
This relationship means that every part of our supply chain from a Wool ID+ assured farm onwards is robustly audited, from the collection, washing and combing of the wool, to going into a carefully hand-crafted Woolroom Traceable product that is identifiable by a high fiber quality, strong animal welfare policies and full farm provenance.
Leaders in Machine Washable Wool BeddingIt is impossible to make a wool product machine washable without using some form of treatment on the fiber. It is complex and requires a lot of skill and knowledge. In fact, it has taken us over a decade to perfect a range that performs flawlessly, without losing any of the quality or performance that customers expect from Woolroom products.
Ordinarily, if you wash wool, the moisture, heat and movement in the machine will cause it to felt and shrink. You might get lucky and get away with a single delicate wash, but over time the natural fibers will start to damage and clump beyond repair. Our Deluxe range overcomes this as the British wool we use is bathed in a chlorine solution, which smooths out the natural barbs you find in wool (these are what cause untreated wool to shrink, clump and ultimately felt).
The solution is then thoroughly rinsed out of the fiber twice to ensure there is less residual chlorine than you'd find in tap water, and doesn+t affect the performance of the fiber whatsoever. Some brands claim that their wool bedding is machine washable, but unless the wool is treated in this way, it simply cannot withstand the vigorous motion of a washing machine combined with warm water.
Is this process safe?
In March 2018, we tested our all three bedding ranges (including Deluxe) at the University of Bangor for chemical off-gassing and residual chemicals. We are very pleased to announce that no traces of chemicals or harmful toxins were found in any of the three bedding ranges. In addition, the above prcoess achieves Oekotex Class 100 standard for safety. Woolroom is once again leading the way in providing the safest and most natural sleep option whilst also delivering practicality.