If you’re asking yourself “what baby bedding do I need?” then you’ve come to the right place. Take a look at our Baby Bedding Guide and discover more about your little one’s needs. From reducing baby bedding temperature to choosing the best baby bedding, we’re experts at guiding you towards a better night’s sleep.
What should baby wear to bed?: Baby bedding adviceHelping young babies get a good night’s sleep is top of every new parent’s agenda – because if baby isn’t sleeping, neither are you! Babies can experience many factors that prevent them from sleeping, including:
- Cold temperatures
- Bad dreams
- Being generally wide awake and wanting to play
That’s where wool baby bedding comes in. Wool is proven to regulate body temperature, thanks to its natural, breathable fibres. This means babies can be kept cool when the temperature is hot, and warm when temperatures drop, at each stage of their development.
Below is our bedding guide for babies. We have listed out some of the best baby bedding you can buy to ensure that your little one remains comfortable throughout the night – because that’s our priority.
Stage 1: Baby sleeping bagsPerfect to use from birth, baby sleeping bags are ideal for when your tot is struggling to settle in their crib or cot. Made from natural wool and coated in a soothing layer of breathable cotton, sleeping bags encourage a healthy body temperature and help your baby sleep soundly.
Note: Babies tend to grow out of sleeping bags around the age of three.
Stage 2: Crib and cot mattressesMany new parents wonder “what bedding do I need for a cot?”. It’s a frequently asked question, and many parents often get themselves worked up about it. But the answer is simple! When babies are very young and sleeping in a cot, they need a breathable crib mattress that’s sturdy enough to help them develop a healthy sleeping position.
- Crib mattress – designed to help baby achieve and maintain a good sleeping position, wool crib mattresses are filled with all the natural fibres that promote body temperature regulation, such as coir, wool and latex. They also have a natural cotton outer.
- Cot/cotbed mattress – these mattresses are fitted with a little extra padding, providing more comfort when your baby grows out of the crib.
If you’re preparing your nursery for baby’s arrival, check out our selection of nursery mattresses. If you’re looking for a baby bedding guide to help you find the right fit, our mattresses are available in a range of sizes suitable for different cribs and cots – helping your baby develop a healthy sleeping pattern and giving you all the sleep you need to take care of them throughout the day.
Stage 3: Baby bedding extras
As your baby develops, you may want to add some extra layers of comfort to their bedding – especially when they grow out of their cot and move into their first proper bed. Follow our baby bedding guide below for some ideas on what to include:
- Mattress protector – filled with 100% British wool, our mattress protectors have cotton outers designed to keep mattresses clean and comfortable. Of course, babies can have accidents during the night, which is why these protectors are easy to care for – simply wash at 30?C in your washing machine at home. It’s easy!
- Mattress enhancer – a soothing combination of natural cotton and lamb’s wool, our mattress enhancers are designed to help regulate baby bedding temperature and help your little one sleep, all while adding a soft layer of padding for extra comfort.
- Pillows/duvets – ideal for babies over 12 months, wool pillows and duvets are great for helping them settle into their first proper bed. It can be a big move for a child, and they may feel uneasy moving from the safety of their cot to begin with. But our duvets and pillows are designed for heat regulation and moisture absorption, which will soothe them into a comfortable night’s sleep.
Keep your baby content with a sheepskin accessory – anything from cuddly bears to buggy liners and comforters are ideal to help your baby settle, both at night and during the day.
Babies settle easier when they have something soft and comfortable to snuggle with, and what better companion than moisture-controlling, temperature-regulating sheepskin?
Discover more of the best baby bedding advice with Woolroom KidsWe’ve designed our full range of Woolroom Kids products to be naturally hypoallergenic, helping your little one get a good night’s sleep, free from unstable body temperature and discomfort. In fact, we’re the only natural bedding range to have been awarded the Allergy UK Seal of Approval! And that’s no mean feat. Learn more about our wool baby bedding and how it works.
And there you have it – our newborn bedding guide for babies and toddlers. Need more advice? Drop into our Baby Sleep Advice Hub, where you’ll discover more about newborn baby bedding advice, what should baby wear to bed, and baby bedding temperatures.