Deluxe Washable Wool Waterproof Mattress Protector
product code: US_0104DELWASHPROTWPUS
Our Deluxe Washable Waterproof Mattress Protector provides all the same benefits as our Deluxe Washable Mattress Protector with the added benefit of a breathable waterproof layer. This mattress protector provides a temperature regulating layer to your mattress as well as protecting it from liquid spills throughout the night. Hand-crafted from 7 oz sq/yd of traceable & machine washable British wool combined with an organic cotton outer cover.
A wool mattress protector is perfect for use on a memory foam, latex or any other mattress that gets very hot with use. This will take away up to 70% of the heat given off leaving you to sleep comfortably without overheating.
Deluxe Waterproof Mattress Protector: Product Benefits
- 30 Night Sleep Trial on this product. Simply return if you don't feel the benefits
- Temperature controlling delivering a higher quality night's sleep
- OEKO-TEX STANDARD 100 certified Annex 4 (certificate 11-71942)
- Constructed using 100% British traceable and washable wool for the ultimate natural sleep
- TPU coated waterpoof layer protects mattress from liquids
- Machine washable for easy care
- Naturally flame retardant without the need for any unpleasant chemicals
- Naturally hypoallergenic - great for allergy sufferers
- Naturally mould and dust mite resistant
Deluxe Waterproof Mattress Protector: Technical Specifications
- Perfect for: Reducing the heat during your sleep as well as protecting your mattress from liquids through waterproofing
- Fill weight: 7 oz sq/yd
- Thickness: 0.5 inches
- Filling: 100% traceable & washable British wool from the Chatsworth Estate in the United Kingdom
- Outer Fabric: 100% unbleached 200 thread count organic cotton
- Waterproofing Fabric: 100% 200 thread count organic cotton with a TPU coating, tested to - ASTM E96: Water Vapor Transmission Rate Testing : 700g/m²/24h
- Attachment: 18 inch Deep elasticated skirt crafted from unbleached 200 thread count organic cotton
- Construction: Carded traceable & washable wool enveloped in 200 thread count organic cotton
- Care Instruction: When you do come around to cleaning it we recommend machine washing on a wool/delicate cycle at 30 degrees using wool detergent, a spin speed lower than 800RPM and then line drying. We do not advise tumble drying in any circumstances.
- Designed and developed in the UK. Assembled in the EU.
Sourced from Chatsworth Estate, United KingdomThe best in wool bedding meets the finest quality wool sourced right from the Chatsworth Estate, one of the UK¦s finest stately homes and home to the Devonshire family since the 16th Century. This beautiful landmark in the English countryside with its open parkland is home to flocks of downs type sheep, whose fleece is perfect for producing the finest wool bedding. .
We can guarantee that the wool we buy has been grown responsibly, the sheep have been looked after and the land well managed, but most importantly that British farming communities are being supported. Our exclusive relationship with Wool ID+ is an industry first, and assures the next step of our evolution of our supply chain, with 100% British Wool that's traceable right back to the farm.
This relationship means that every part of our supply chain from a Wool ID+ assured farm onwards is robustly audited, from the collection, washing and combing of the wool, to going into a carefully hand-crafted Woolroom Traceable product that is identifiable by a high fiber quality, strong animal welfare policies and full farm provenance.
Find out more about the Deluxe Washable Collection of Wool ID+ farmers here >
Leaders in Machine Washable Wool BeddingIt is impossible to make a wool product machine washable without using some form of treatment on the fiber. It is complex and requires a lot of skill and knowledge. In fact, it has taken us over a decade to perfect a range that performs flawlessly, without losing any of the quality or performance that customers expect from Woolroom products.
Ordinarily, if you wash wool, the moisture, heat and movement in the machine will cause it to felt and shrink. You might get lucky and get away with a single delicate wash, but over time the natural fibers will start to damage and clump beyond repair. Our Deluxe Collection overcomes this as the British wool we use is bathed in a chlorine solution, which smooths out the natural barbs you find in wool (these are what cause untreated wool to shrink, clump and ultimately felt).
The solution is then thoroughly rinsed out of the fiber twice to ensure there is less residual chlorine than you'd find in tap water, and doesn+t affect the performance of the fiber whatsoever. Some brands claim that their wool bedding is machine washable, but unless the wool is treated in this way, it simply cannot withstand the vigorous motion of a washing machine combined with warm water.
Is this process safe?
In March 2018, we tested our all three bedding ranges (including Deluxe) at the University of Bangor for chemical off-gassing and residual chemicals. No traces of chemicals or harmful toxins were found in any of the three bedding ranges. In addition, the above prcoess achieves Oekotex Class 100 standard for safety. Woolroom is once again leading the way in providing the safest and most natural sleep option whilst also delivering practicality.